Our neighbors to the North are getting out and doing stuff throughout September. They’re launching the You Are Not Alone! campaign, and doing this fancy outreach stuff.
The Humanists, Atheists & Agnostics of Manitoba (HAAM) are having so many good events coming up that we’ve decided to call it the “You Are Not Alone” campaign. It’s “Super Secular September” in Manitoba.
– This weekend our booth will be out at the Morden Corn & Apple festival (very bible-belt area of Manitoba) doing outreach.
– Winnipeg transit will run our external bus ads starting September 2.
– Manyfest, another festival in Winnipeg on September 7/8. Outreach again.
– We’re sponsoring a talk on behalf of “Dying with Dignity Canada” on September 10th
– Fourth annual Skepticamp on September 14
– Our regular September meeting on September 21
I imagine they’ll get a few double-takes at the Morden Corn & Apple Festival, which is exactly why atheists ought to do more of that sort of thing.