Cheaper than his soul »« Dragon*Con, you frustrate me

Skepticon and ethical fundraising

As you’ve probably heard, Skepticon is looking for donations to fund this year’s conference. They’re just hoping you’ll plunk a few dollars into their coffers, and they’ll be happy. I don’t know about these Deep-Fried Freethinkers, though. They’re doing something dangerous.

skeptidinos

They’re giving out chocolate dinosaurs in return for donations.

Becoming an atheist made it easier to cut those pernicious chocolate bunny rabbits out of my diet since I don’t do anything for Easter, but chocolate dinosaurs? Irresistible. Completely unfair.

Although they could be a useful tool in the War on Easter. I’ll have to think about that.

Comments

  1. says

    We shall have to see what else we can come up with for Easter.

    Check out this super cool Skepticon fundraiser! You get excellent chocolates, Mississippi folks get to go to Skepticon, and Skepticon gets more funds! Buy sets of 8, 16, 24, 56, or 120!!

    *Please note that Tweenky and I are not benefiting from the fundraiser. 50-75% of all profits go to Skepticon. The other 50-25% will be going to help other Mississippians who want to go but cannot afford it. We are lucky enough to be able to pay our way so all that money will help those who can’t.

  2. Big Boppa says

    Becoming an atheist made it easier to cut those pernicious chocolate bunny rabbits out of my diet since I don’t do anything for Easter, but chocolate dinosaurs? Irresistible. Completely unfair.

    Oh, yeah? Wait ’till you see the chocolate dinosaur eggs.

  3. mobius says

    The only thing more tempting would be chocolate cephalopods.

    BTW…do you know why there is no such thing as Chocohaulics Anonymous?

    No one would join.

  4. yubal says

    Not specifically interested in dinosaurs nor chocolate but I will put this on my agenda for the upcomming quarterly family budget meeting, subsection donations. (I got 1 out of 3 votes since 12 year olds and beyond have full voting rights for the budget in our little clan)