It’s amazing how many rules Fundagelicals can dredge up out of a few Bible verses. This one organization has taken all of TWO verses from the book of Genesis to determine all kinds of stuff.
27So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
28God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.
There it is, 3 whole sentences. And what do they mean?
They tell us why:
• Abortion and euthanasia are immoral.
• Marriage is between one man and one woman.
• Sexual promiscuity and homosexuality destroy individuals, families, and society.
• Overpopulation is a myth, and population control is dangerous.
• Earth stewardship, not radical environmentalism, is the path to the flourishing of humanity and all life on Earth.
• People are the greatest natural resource of all.
And best of all, these verses open the door to explaining to a lost generation how we can be restored to true image-bearing through salvation in Jesus Christ.
Also, Obamacare is bad.
Man, that Bible covers everything. I understand that there’s a sentence in Acts that condemns the Smoot-Hawley tariff act, Revelation has a very informative section on gene regulation by Hedgehog, and surprisingly, Job is all about increasing subsidies to the beef industry. You have to learn to read between the lines!
You better watch out, though. I got a fortune cookie — “A warm smile is testimony of a generous nature” — that contains a complete set of engineering instructions for a doomsday device, and the philosophical underpinnings for a new unscrupulous morality that will allow me to use it.