To mark 8 March 2012, International Women’s Day, a Nude Photo Revolutionary calendar is being published in homage to Aliaa Magda Elmahdy, who in November 2011 posted a nude photo (featured) of herself on her blog as ‘screams against a society of violence, racism, sexism, sexual harassment and hypocrisy’.
At a time when women’s rights and bodies under attack via Islamism and the religious-right, nudity is an important form of resistance.
Join the scream!
There is still some time to submit an original photo. Here are some details:
* The submission must include a short quote on why you are joining the ‘scream’.
* You will need to show your face in the photo and provide a full name.
* The photos must feature real and not implied nudity as it is real nudity that is considered taboo.
* The photo must be professionally taken and not published anywhere else. It can be a self-portrait.
* It has to be of high quality and no less than 300 dpi, at a size of 11×17.
* The photo should be in black and white.
* The photos should be free from massive Photoshop manipulation.
* The photographer will be credited.
Once we receive your photo, we will ask you and the photographer to sign a release form if we decide to use it. The deadline for receiving photos is 1 March.
For more information on the calendar, please contact Maryam Namazie at firstname.lastname@example.org.