Please direct any excess dollars you’ve got lying around here. I love the Foundation Beyond Belief for helping make helping happen. I especially love that they chose a charity that’s doing so much to help women stay safe and/or recover from sexual violence, and working so hard to reunite families. If you’ve been standing around helpless, wondering how in fuck we’re supposed to help another country being torn apart by remarkable violence, here’s a way to help.
What you need to know about the Syrian refugee crisis:
- More than 2 million people are now externally displaced and 4.5 million internally displaced by the violence, a total displacement of one-third of the population of Syria. Half are children.
- More than 3,500 children currently in Jordan, Lebanon, and Iraq crossed Syria’s borders unaccompanied or became separated from their families, according to UNICEF.
- Half of all Syrians are now in need of humanitarian aid.
- 35% of Syrian hospitals are now non-functioning; 70% of medical professionals have fled, according to the WHO.
- The scale of this humanitarian disaster is “unparalleled in recent decades,” according to UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency.
Donations to this crisis response drive will be forwarded continuously to the IRC. FBB retains no portion of donations. All donations to and through Foundation Beyond Belief are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Click here to make a donation.
Right. Let’s get this done.