Quantcast

«

»

Dec 06 2012

Orly Taitz Loses Another Lawsuit

Orly Taitz has lost another lawsuit, and this one was so easy that you’d probably get thrown out of even Liberty University law school for making this argument. She actually tried to force Occidental College to release Obama’s undergrad transcripts and financial aid information, which is absolutely illegal without his consent.

As first reported by the school’s student paper, the Occidental Weekly, Taitz had filed a legal motion to compel Occidental College to release transcripts and other records from when Obama was an undergraduate there in the late ’70s and early ’80s, alleging that Obama was not born in the United States and is currently using a fake social security number. The private college’s counsel, Carl Botterud, pointing to privacy concerns, deemed Taitz’s case “frivolous” and “without merit.” The self-proclaimed “queen of the birthers” then argued that the matter of Obama’s alleged foreign birth was important enough to overrule privacy laws.

“Your opposition will constitute Obstruction of Justice, Aiding and Abetting in the elections fraud in forgery and treason in allowing a foreign citizen to usurp the U.S. Presidency with an aid of forged IDs and usurp the civil rights of the U.S. citizens,” Taitz wrote in an email to Botterud ahead of their court date. “At any rate your opposition and your attempt of intimidation and your allegiance or lack of allegiance to the United States of America is duly noted. Just make sure not to forget to bring with you Mr. Obama’s application, registration, and financial aid application.”

The judge also ordered her to pay $4000 in fees for the college. Seriously, how many times does one lawyer get to have cases dismissed as frivolous before they’re officially declared a vexatious litigant and banned from filing more cases?

13 comments

Skip to comment form

1. 1
    Ben P

You missed the best part, when the College’s outside counsel said he’d love to take credit for his brilliant legal work, but he couldn’t because a trained rhesus monkey probably could have won the case.

2. 2
    Kevin, 友好火猫 (Friendly Fire Cat)

Orly Taitz needs to join Jack Thompson in the “why are these people even lawyers” booth.

3. 3
    Glenn E Ross

Has she ever won a case?

4. 4
    Kevin, 友好火猫 (Friendly Fire Cat)

@my 2:

That is “why WERE these people even lawyers”

5. 5
    heironymous

Attempt at intimidation? Right after she threatens him with charges of treason, fraud and obstruction of justice? Projection much?

6. 6
    MikeMa

Taitz is a terrible attorney and a world class buffoon. But she continues to pull in enough money to pursue the birther insanity. I doubt cleaning teeth pays for any of this so there are a lot of idiots with money willing to send it to her. Until the funding dries up, or she is disbarred, the entertainment will proceed.

7. 7
    fifthdentist

@ Ben P
    Why even bother training the monkey? It could have won if all it did was fling poo at random people in court. Like Orly Taitz does.

8. 8
    baal

“At any rate your opposition and your attempt of intimidation and your allegiance or lack of allegiance to the United States of America is duly noted.” (bolding mine)

I think I’ll reconsider my usage of ‘duly noted’ language. Orly’s use has tainted it.

9. 9
    Ben P

Duly noted, as in “your objection is duly noted” is one of those phrases like “see you in court” that dumb lawyers think makes them sound tough and that opposing counsel usually chuckle at.

10. 10
    John Pieret

Another good zinger from the student newspaper report:

Judge Margines did comment on Taitz’s quality of evidence when she presented a folder of it to the judge.

“You should know that evidence is not stuff printed from the internet,” Margines said …

11. 11
    geocatherder

So, does the judge’s chambers have really good soundproofing so nobody can hear him/her rolling on the floor laughing?

12. 12
    Ichthyic

But she continues to pull in enough money to pursue the birther insanity.

which, of course, is exactly why she keeps doing it.

it’s a living…

albeit one that makes most people physically ill.

13. 13
    Crudely Wrott

At any rate your opposition and your attempt of intimidation and your allegiance or lack of allegiance to the United States of America is duly noted.

sez dear Orly.

Well. I guess that just about covers it all. Would that all attorneys were so clever. Might have kept me out of jail that one time . . .