First in the Family Humanist Scholarship 2012-2013
Black Skeptics announces the creation of a scholarship fund for the 2012-2013 school year. $200-$500 scholarships will be awarded in June 2013 to up to ten South Los Angeles high school students of color in the Los Angeles Unified School District who will be the first in their immediate family to go to college. BS will seek matching funds from community based and partner organizations in the humanist, social justice and LGBTQ community.
- Preference will be given to students who are in foster care, homeless, undocumented or LGBTQ.
- Students must have a strong record of service to and participation in school and/or community-based organizations.
- Students must have admission letter to a 2 or 4 year college
- Students must be recommended by an advisor/teacher and write two-paragraph reflection on some aspect of social justice and leadership from a humanist perspective
- CONTACT INFO: firstname.lastname@example.org