Email from a fellow who calls himself “Destroyerof Atheists” [sic]:
this is for matt D
does he see these?
maybe you can pass it along
he seemed sincere so i wanted to ask him some questions
does he represent atheists?
has he ever debated/talked with/met a representative of the Creator?
is he sincerely looking to find the Truth?
does he know how to find his way to work from home and then back again?
does he know/accept that he needs food to eat and air to breathe?
does he know/accept that there are types of things?
this should spark enough curiosity, enough tug on the intellect
Actually, my curiosity is sparked. Lots of questions come to mind.
- Was this type of thing inspired by seeing Buzzfeed and Upworthy headlines all the time? You know… “YOU WON’T BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ when you ask me to send the rest of this message!”
- Have you ever seen a comedian tell half a joke, then stop and ask the audience if he should deliver the punchline? I haven’t, but I would imagine this guy must think that’s an effective delivery style.
- How is it possible that you could go out of your way to capitalize “Creator” and “Truth,” and yet not bother to capitalize sentences or proper names? Are you e.e. cummings?
- In what society is “did you know that humans breathe air?” imagined to be something that tugs on the intellect?
- Do people in category X often stop and chat with somebody whose nickname is a threat of violence to X?