Links about today’s topic:
- Explanation of Framing at Wikipedia
- Matt Nisbet and Chris Mooney: Thanks for the Facts. Now Sell Them.
- No Admission for Evolutionary Biologist at Creationist Film (I’m sure this story is well known already, but it’s good background)
- Nisbet: Why the PZ Myers Affair is Really, Really Bad for Science
- PZ Myers calls Nisbet “Clueless”
- A really dumbass YouTube video, sent in by a viewer, which tries to slam atheism, but in fact winds up being a slam on the whole notion of using reason to decide things. (Didn’t mention this on the show, but the relevance here is in drawing the battle lines as “sane people vs. nuts”)
- Nisbet’s articles also remind me of a column written by Kathleen Parker in October 2001, about what a nice thing it would be, in the wake of 9/11, if atheists would all shut up and let God back into the public discourse.
How do all these things fit together? Listen to episode #546 and find out!