Scalzi started this, damn him, so I’m now caught up in the meme. Nothing especially atheisty, but entertaining all the same. What are yours?
- Attended a Beduin Arab wedding in the middle of the desert in the UAE.
- Driven round and round Loch Ness with my family looking for the monster, to no avail. (Stupid monster.)
- Met XTC.
- Sailed first class on the QE2 from Southampton to New York.
- Sailed on the Persian Gulf in a fishing dhow.
- Spent ten years as a comic book artist.
- Hung out with Billy Bob Thornton at his rented house during shooting of The Alamo.
- Been an assistant director on several independent films.
- Hung out with Ron Livingston in the backyard of a house during one of those film shoots, while his fiancee Lisa Sheridan did scenes inside.
- Worked as a driver on the most recent season of The Bachelor.
- Met Terry Gilliam in the 80’s while still in film school, where he came to talk about the controversy surrounding the just-released Brazil.
- Cockblocked Nic Cage. (Details by request only.)
- Played with a leopard cub.
- Married a topless dancer. Then divorced her.
- Hosted an atheist TV show.
I was going to add “Hung out with Quentin Tarantino,” but then realized that probably two-thirds of Austin has done that, so I left it off.