Name: Ashley Miller
Date registered: October 1, 2011
Jabber / Google Talk: ashleyf.
Ashley F. Miller is a writer, activist, and communications scholar from South Carolina, who has worked for LGBT, secular, and women’s rights for over a decade. She is one of the leading young women in the secular movement, speaking regularly at schools and conferences across the country about feminism and communications. She has written for dozens of publications, including Salon, Freethought Blogs, and the academic journal CrossCurrents, and run local communications campaigns for law firms, news websites, and secular organizations. She is a PhD candidate in Mass Communications at the University of South Carolina, where she has focused on women and minorities in the media. Before returning to school for her PhD, she worked in film and television in Los Angeles. She has a Masters in Film Production from FSU, and a Bachelors degree in Film Studies from Emory University.
- More hate from racists – Coalburner edition — March 8, 2014
- Interview with Board Game Designer Justin Waggle — March 7, 2014
- Ashley’s 2014 Oscar’s Predictions — March 2, 2014
- How to make that cheap plastic wig look good — February 15, 2014
- A thorough analysis of Woody Allen’s letter in the NYTimes — February 8, 2014
Most commented posts
- Why does anyone like Ron Paul? — 613 comments
- Racism, homophobia, and how I lost my dad last week — 478 comments
- To those of us fighting the good fight — 451 comments
- Michael Shermer Legal Fund — 348 comments
- Michael Shermer’s Note on the Legal Fund — 192 comments