Name: Ashley Miller
Date registered: October 1, 2011
Jabber / Google Talk: ashleyf.
Ashley F. Miller is a writer, activist, and communications scholar from South Carolina, who has worked for LGBT, secular, and women’s rights for over a decade. She is one of the leading young women in the secular movement, speaking regularly at schools and conferences across the country about feminism and communications. She has written for dozens of publications, including Salon, Freethought Blogs, and the academic journal CrossCurrents, and run local communications campaigns for law firms, news websites, and secular organizations. She is a PhD candidate in Mass Communications at the University of South Carolina, where she has focused on women and minorities in the media. Before returning to school for her PhD, she worked in film and television in Los Angeles. She has a Masters in Film Production from FSU, and a Bachelors degree in Film Studies from Emory University.
- Creepy messages on Facebook (with ukulele song) — December 4, 2013
- To those of us fighting the good fight — November 11, 2013
- Vote for project about Fox News Brainwashing — October 26, 2013
- Atheism as Social Justice — October 25, 2013
- 20 Random Things Friday — October 11, 2013
Most commented posts
- Why does anyone like Ron Paul? — 613 comments
- Racism, homophobia, and how I lost my dad last week — 477 comments
- To those of us fighting the good fight — 405 comments
- Michael Shermer Legal Fund — 346 comments
- Michael Shermer’s Note on the Legal Fund — 192 comments