Name: Ashley Miller
Date registered: October 1, 2011
Jabber / Google Talk: ashleyf.
Writer, public speaker, and general smartass who gets paid to talk about variations of: atheism, feminism, gay rights, minority rights, young adult literature, mass media, culture, the oxford comma, the ukulele, and surviving getting a doctorate. Her speaking engagements have included spots at The Amazing Meeting, Dragon*Con, and universities across the country. She is working on a PhD in Mass Communications from the University of South Carolina, graduated cum laude from Emory with a BA in Film Studies, and has an MFA from FSU's Film Conservatory. In other lives, she has been an accountant, a banker, a reality television editor, and a teacher. She has lived in Pawleys Island, SC; Greenville, SC; Columbia, SC; Atlanta, GA; Tallahassee, FL; Los Angeles, CA; and Washington, DC.
- The not even a non-apology apology — June 18, 2013
- Road Tripping through New England — June 14, 2013
- Starting a Podcast/Live show – Feedback appreciated — June 13, 2013
- Job Hunting with Craigslist — June 12, 2013
- It’s OK to shoot hookers in Texas — but only if it’s dark outside — June 6, 2013
Most commented posts
- Why does anyone like Ron Paul? — 613 comments
- Racism, homophobia, and how I lost my dad last week — 453 comments
- The food of my childhood, the food of Southern poor white trash — 165 comments
- Thunderf00t: Stealing people’s private information is a major violation — 108 comments
- My Vagina is Destroying America or Love from Ron Paulians — 97 comments