Tomorrow I’m going to be getting up bright and early to do all of those things I haven’t finished doing tonight in order to only be woefully behind when I get back home on Sunday, because I’m driving up to Washington, DC to go to the Women in Secularism Conference.
I was going to just do a list of people who I am excited to hear speak, but then I realized that it was everyone whose name I recognized, which meant that basically everyone, so I’m just pasting the whole list here for you!
- Lauren Becker, educator and organizer, vice president & director ofCFI Outreach
- Ophelia Benson, author, editor, and commentator,Butterflies & Wheels
- Jamila Bey, author, editor, and journalist
- Greta Christina, writer and blogger,Greta Christina’s Blog
- Elisabeth Cornwell, evolutionary psychologist, executive director of Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science US
- Margaret Downey, activist and author, founder and president of The Freethought Society
- Annie Laurie Gaylor, author, radio host, and co-founder ofFreedom From Religion Foundation
- Debbie Goddard, activist and organizer, director ofCFI On CampusandAfrican Americans for Humanism
- Jennifer Michael Hecht, teacher, poet, and author of Doubt: A History
- Melody Hensley, executive director of CFI–Washington, DC
- Sikivu Hutchinson, author, teacher, and editor ofblackfemlens.org
- Susan Jacoby, journalist and author of Freethinkers: A History of American Secularism
- Jennifer McCreight, blogger atBlagHag
- Edwina Rogers, executive director of theSecular Coalition for America
- Bernice Sandler, author and nationally known expert on women’s issues
- Wafa Sultan, author and human rights activist
- Rebecca Watson, co-host ofSkeptics Guide to the Universeand creator ofskepchick.org
If you’re in the DC area at all, you should make an effort to come, it’s going to be AWESOME. Also, I’m hoping that I will get to meet Edwina Rogers. Really, really hoping that happens because I’d love to report what she’s like in real life.
I will be live-blogging, which will probably translate to Twitter: @ashleyfmiller