The Girl Shot by the Taliban, Becomes a Global Icon Not what the Taliban had in mind. The unfolding story of Malala Yousafzai comes with an inspirational quote: “If Pakistan has a future, it is embodied in Malala Yousafzai,” the editorial reads. “Malala has shown more courage in facing down the Taliban than Pakistan’s government and its …
Category Archive: Islam
Oct 11 2012
I love this girl. How could you not? And her story evoked my favorite quote from any media source this whole year: Religious extremists all make the same mistake. They all fail to understand that all of the foundational holy books of major religions -all of them- have really really crazy dangerous stuff in them; …
This post has no tag
About the Author
- A Million Gods
- Ace of Clades
- Alethian Worldview
- Almost Diamonds
- Ashley Miller
- Black Skeptics
- Blag Hag
- Brute Reason
- Butterflies and Wheels
- Comradde PhysioProffe
- Dispatches from the Culture Wars
- En Tequila Es Verdad
- Godlessness in Theory
- Greta Christina's Blog
- Gruntled & Hinged
- Heteronormative Patriarchy for Men
- Lousy Canuck
- Mano Singham
- Maryam Namazie
- Nirmukta on FTB
- No Country for Women
- Reasonable Doubts
- Richard Carrier Blogs
- Sincerely, Natalie Reed
- The Atheist Experience
- The Crommunist Manifesto
- The Digital Cuttlefish
- The Indelible Stamp
- The Zingularity
- This Week in Christian Nationalism
- Zinnia Jones
- I’m eighty-eight!
- Back to the book
- Reaching the choir
- My conversation with Bob Dutko
- Proof that Hellenism is the true religion
- The Blind Faith Virus Vaccine
- The re-recording of my Skepticon speech
- Ho ho HO!
- Asian Cultural Sensitivity 101: Why is Katy Perry’s “Geisha” performance considered racist?
- Do we live in a post-racial society in the secular community?
- Bode Gibbs on I’m eighty-eight!
- throwaway, never proofreads, every post a gamble on I’m eighty-eight!
- Carrol Forber on I’m eighty-eight!
- Patrick Reynolds on Asian Cultural Sensitivity 101: Why is Katy Perry’s “Geisha” performance considered racist?
- blondeintokyo on Asian Cultural Sensitivity 101: Why is Katy Perry’s “Geisha” performance considered racist?
- I'm cured, no more meat by PZ Myers
- Guys in dark alleys shouldn't get upset if women fear them by Tauriq Moosa
- Open thread on AETV #843: Russell and Tracie by heicart
- Just dropping by by Ally Fogg
- What This Depression Survivor Hears When You Call Religion A Mental Illness by Miri, Professional Fun-Ruiner
- Nick Cohen spurns the proffered compromise by Ophelia Benson