Archer: Oh my god, you killed a hooker!
Cyril: Call girl! She was a call girl!
Archer: No, Cyril! When they’re dead, they’re just hookers
Every so often A Voice for Men decides to help out Indian Men.
Usually by siding with the most harmful and idiotic arguments and encouraging the status quo. This started with a hilarious claim that India isn’t misogynist because women have free entry into nightclubs and their own lines.
I was amused by the attempts of MRA to try to compare the separate seating for women in buses and trains in India and comparing it to that endured by Rosa Parks. Two reasons. Firstly? If Black people were being touched up by White people in buses they would want separate seating to ensure they can get to places without the man putting his hand down your pants and think separate seating is a good idea. Secondly? Do you have any idea how daft it is to bring up Rosa Parks as if she was the first person to think of this particularly to Indians. Come on! Do your research! Rosa Parks was INSPIRED by this man because this was a really old method of breaking the rules of Apartheid.
Hint. It is Gandhi. But this is just my being pedantic.
Seriously? In general the MRA have not been helpful towards men’s rights. A short list for new readers?
1. MRA attempted to spin the Delhi Rape and the fact that in India sexual assault and harassment is so normal and ubiquitous. That actually trying to find sympathetic Police to try and prosecute is hard and that even attempting to fight back can result in your death. MRA seriously tried to claim to me (I am from a scheduled caste. I am harijan) that caste issues in India are bigger than gender issues forgetting that you can be untouchable and female and have the shit from botth.
2. MRA attempted to claim that Afghanistan is not that bad for women and that men have it worse.
3. MRA have attempted to defend the rapists and blame the underage victim of the Steubenville Rape Attack.
4. MRA have attempted to blame the underage victims as found out by Operation Yew Tree. AKA The scandal where children’s TV presenters such as Stuart Hall and Jimmy Saville turned out to be paedophiles who preyed on children using their fame and fortune to protect themselves. American have seen a similar issue in the actions of Bill Crosby. A trusted figure turned out to be much more harmful. MRA weighed on the side of the attackers in both cases.
5. MRA and Gamer Gate got together to subject me to a barrage of racist and homophobic abuse. I was called a Nigger and a Faggot. A Voice For Men’s Communications Officer who has the good fortune to be responsible for the prior two defences of rapists and paedophiles attempted to defend the racism and homophobia as free speech. She also attempted to claim that “Fag” meant cigarette. Newer readers may be unaware but I am British. Fag to us means cigarette. However we are smart enough to know that when someone calls us a “Fag” it doesn’t mean “You are a Cigarette”, but “you are a homosexual and that is a bad thing”. She also used the “I am robbing the word Nigger of its power” argument. It finally ended with the statement from MRA that they don’t have any reason to deal with Gay Rights or Racism since they were just interested in Men’s Rights. This I must point out was in the aftermath of the Ferguson Racism Riots where it is mainly Black MEN who are being killed. Rather than fight actual issues pertaining to men, the MRA would rather defend the right to be racist if it fucks over someone critical of them.
So to see them weigh in on India and invite Indians to defend a culture that babies Indian Men until it creates 21 year old toddlers with temper tantrums is astonishing. What’s worse is the willingness of Indian MRA to accept the racism within the MRA (We are aware of MRA such as Theadore Beale, The Spearfront and Return of the Kings) if it means gaining their support.
As I pointed out? The irony is Indian MRA often become the shield against racism that the MRA waggle at us when we call out their racism. It’s been nearly a month since the amalgamation of Gamergate and MRA called me a “Nigger”. Since then a couple of Gamergate have apologised for such behaviour. The majority have tried to spin it as “okay”. Among the MRA? Not one has had the spine to state that “It is unacceptable to accept racism and homophobia and it is an issue that affects all men”.
It’s a bad sign when the Discovery Institute start making fun of you.
There is a problem in atheism. It is a mainly white male dominated issue but it is changing. While we do see people dragging their feet about representation and what it means and we do see people who aren’t conducive to a more diverse atheist demographic with large fan bases, the fact remains that more and more minority atheists are being seen and heard. Put it this way? Just 10 years ago you couldn’t name any south Asian freethinkers.
Today on JUST this platform alone? Taslima Nasrin, Mano Singham, Heina Dadabhoy and Yours Truly. Now I am not as active in meat space as those 3. Taslima’s books are still selling in India, Heina’s a veteran of a bunch of American Atheist Stuff and Mano’s got books out. I just make loud noises and spelling mistakes. [Read more…]
Since some Slymepitters assume I sit around all day and simply write, I figured I should point out that a lack of responses indicates I am off doing work. If one pays attention to the “About” section of my blog, you may realise I have a day job. One that requires a lot of concentration. But yes. I did notice the insults. I did need to point these things out. [Read more…]
I have been a bit busy with work this week and even more busier with getting things set up for my professional licensing exams in the UK (I am licensed for India but require licensing back in the UK or the EU in order to practice).
For those who follow me on Facebook, you would know I had a rather tough week. For those who don’t? The following post is about a case of domestic violence that came in during my Emergency Room surgical shift. This was a case whose history I took and who is alive today because of prompt action that I took.
The following contains medical imagery and photographs of surgery. And photographs of injuries stemming from abuse. The point of this post is to show people what abuse looks like from a medical stand point. How we sometimes detect it and the repercussions of abuse. The photographic imagery shows a procedure I assisted with. And it is surgical in nature so some people may find it uncomfortable but it is MY view of domestic violence. It is how domestic violence presents itself and what side of it I see. I see the external wounds, the internal ones are for others to deal with.
This piece contains pictures of surgery. They are at the very end. If you are squeamish then be aware of them.
These were put up by Home Birth activist Jennifer Marguilis. It’s a satirical attack on the practice of Obs/Gynae while trying to encourage more women to utilise an often ignored form of quackery.
Home Births are an often ignored form of quackery. While not as pervasive as homeopathy, a lack of female skeptics has meant that this issue has generally not seen as much airplay as anti-vaccination and homeopath quackery. I myself came across this on a post on herbal medicine for deliveries and how a midwife was using “Natural Methods” rather than our evil medicine which is powered by the souls of forsaken children.
So famous people take naked photos of themselves.
It isn’t just the very amusingly named Anthony Weiner who is a fan of pictures of genitals. Turns out? People who have access to a camera and privacy invariably like taking pictures of themselves or others nude. With the advent of camera phones the naked selfie is much more common. [Read more…]
This one’s been doing the rounds on places like We Hunted the Mammoth. Reddit I think has an unfair reputation as a hotbed of MRA bullshit, it’s a subsection of the Internet. The majority of people on it have ideas that are like reality, slightly biased towards women. Then there are MRA. And so anyone speaking about women has to (in general) drive against the grain.
There are places for good discussion on Reddit, however there are places where people come into contact with trolls and other examples of racists, sexists and homophobes. So I can’t tell what this one is. Is it a troll? Or is it some manifesto by some misogynist creep. But the fact is many men out there think like this. That they are owed women or that women should like them. [Read more…]
The victims of progressivism tries to imply that men (and women) cannot change. That the victims of rape are less important than the people who simply cannot understand the concept of consent.
I know who George Will is. To those who are unaware? While my “idea of journalism” mainly came for Photojournalism, I am aware that George Will holds a damn Pulitzer Prize. However? It doesn’t make him good at everything. His commentary on Conservative Politics is okay if you lived in a country where your conservatives aren’t the Republicans or the Tea Party (Party).
His Op-Ed is pretty much par for course with the Republican Party line. Of denigrating and reducing the value of rape in order to control a rash of rape. And they are right. The most effective way to reduce rape is to stop categorising things as rape. So spousal rape? Not Rape! Problem solved! Why! If we define rape as the unlawful and non-consensual sex with a woman (don’t be silly! Men never get raped.) as only stranger on woman the number of rapes drops precipitously. The vast majority of rape is by someone who knows the victim. Hell? Some people have raped without even realising what they are doing is rape. [Read more…]
People marched on the Chief Minister’s Office in Lucknow today by the hundreds only to be repelled by the police using batons and water cannon.
Enraged by the attempts to dispel the crowd, more protesters are on the way. The reason people are angry is the rape and murder of two young girls. [Read more…]