Every so often A Voice for Men decides to help out Indian Men.
Usually by siding with the most harmful and idiotic arguments and encouraging the status quo. This started with a hilarious claim that India isn’t misogynist because women have free entry into nightclubs and their own lines.
I was amused by the attempts of MRA to try to compare the separate seating for women in buses and trains in India and comparing it to that endured by Rosa Parks. Two reasons. Firstly? If Black people were being touched up by White people in buses they would want separate seating to ensure they can get to places without the man putting his hand down your pants and think separate seating is a good idea. Secondly? Do you have any idea how daft it is to bring up Rosa Parks as if she was the first person to think of this particularly to Indians. Come on! Do your research! Rosa Parks was INSPIRED by this man because this was a really old method of breaking the rules of Apartheid.
Hint. It is Gandhi. But this is just my being pedantic.
Seriously? In general the MRA have not been helpful towards men’s rights. A short list for new readers?
1. MRA attempted to spin the Delhi Rape and the fact that in India sexual assault and harassment is so normal and ubiquitous. That actually trying to find sympathetic Police to try and prosecute is hard and that even attempting to fight back can result in your death. MRA seriously tried to claim to me (I am from a scheduled caste. I am harijan) that caste issues in India are bigger than gender issues forgetting that you can be untouchable and female and have the shit from botth.
2. MRA attempted to claim that Afghanistan is not that bad for women and that men have it worse.
3. MRA have attempted to defend the rapists and blame the underage victim of the Steubenville Rape Attack.
4. MRA have attempted to blame the underage victims as found out by Operation Yew Tree. AKA The scandal where children’s TV presenters such as Stuart Hall and Jimmy Saville turned out to be paedophiles who preyed on children using their fame and fortune to protect themselves. American have seen a similar issue in the actions of Bill Crosby. A trusted figure turned out to be much more harmful. MRA weighed on the side of the attackers in both cases.
5. MRA and Gamer Gate got together to subject me to a barrage of racist and homophobic abuse. I was called a Nigger and a Faggot. A Voice For Men’s Communications Officer who has the good fortune to be responsible for the prior two defences of rapists and paedophiles attempted to defend the racism and homophobia as free speech. She also attempted to claim that “Fag” meant cigarette. Newer readers may be unaware but I am British. Fag to us means cigarette. However we are smart enough to know that when someone calls us a “Fag” it doesn’t mean “You are a Cigarette”, but “you are a homosexual and that is a bad thing”. She also used the “I am robbing the word Nigger of its power” argument. It finally ended with the statement from MRA that they don’t have any reason to deal with Gay Rights or Racism since they were just interested in Men’s Rights. This I must point out was in the aftermath of the Ferguson Racism Riots where it is mainly Black MEN who are being killed. Rather than fight actual issues pertaining to men, the MRA would rather defend the right to be racist if it fucks over someone critical of them.
So to see them weigh in on India and invite Indians to defend a culture that babies Indian Men until it creates 21 year old toddlers with temper tantrums is astonishing. What’s worse is the willingness of Indian MRA to accept the racism within the MRA (We are aware of MRA such as Theadore Beale, The Spearfront and Return of the Kings) if it means gaining their support.
As I pointed out? The irony is Indian MRA often become the shield against racism that the MRA waggle at us when we call out their racism. It’s been nearly a month since the amalgamation of Gamergate and MRA called me a “Nigger”. Since then a couple of Gamergate have apologised for such behaviour. The majority have tried to spin it as “okay”. Among the MRA? Not one has had the spine to state that “It is unacceptable to accept racism and homophobia and it is an issue that affects all men”.