The problem with autism is that there is no concrete thing you can blame.
No what ifs. You can”t look at something specific and blame it. And many patients and their parents don’t want that, they want something to blame. And the quack brigade gives them definite answers slagging things that people don’t understand.
So this one’s kind of weird. It’s a list where a mother either real or hypothetical blames herself for her kid’s autism.
Mountain Mama’s post is 100% speaking as a “mother”. The notion that somehow having a child make’s you a medical expert is laughable. And the list is a just a list of shaming and blaming things that are completely irrelevant.
I should start by saying that I was raised Catholic. The concepts of reconciliation and absolution are completely ingrained in me. I grew up going to confession at a beautiful monastery where Father Francis, an elderly monk, held my hand as we walked the grounds, and I asked for forgiveness for my transgressions.
And like Catholicism this is a piece of guilt that’s entirely self created. These mothers are told that admission of their guilt somehow will get their kids to forgive them or give them redemption for non-existent sins. Forgive me child for I have sinned, I used real medicine.
I always felt great relief and unconditional love after our time together. Unfortunately, Father Francis passed away years ago, and I haven’t been to confession since. My spiritual beliefs have evolved and changed over the years, but the idea of forgiveness is still critical to how I walk through life. There are things I have done for which I know God forgives me. However, I’m pretty sure that I will never forgive myself, for my transgressions are embodied in a beautiful seven-year-old who tells me daily that I am “the best Mom in the universe.” I know the truth. And someday, so will he. All of these “unforgivable” actions were done with the best of intentions, but we all know what they say about “good intentions” and “the road to hell.” I am admitting here for all the world to see: I gave my son Autism. I did it. Me. And no one can ever take that away.
Yes, but my girlfriend thinks I am the sexiest man on earth but that doesn’t make it true.
These are not unforgivable actions, these are the actions of a sensible person who is being told by an industry that scientific advances are evil and that the acme of human health is at the hands of people who i wouldn’t trust to treat a horse let alone a human. The entire quack industry of alt. medicine is designed to separate people from wealth for things they don’t need. From supplements to magic water and expensive massages.
So . . . how did I give my son autism? I wish I could say it was one thing – one thing that I could take back that would make things neat and easy, but it wasn’t. It was mistake after mistake, assault after assault. The following are the biggest mistakes I made to which I attribute my son’s descent into autism. I’m going to provide links that are easily readable and understandable that contain links to the research rather than providing links to the research itself. A simple Google search about any one of these topics will provide more information than you could ever want. Here goes . . .
See, here is the thing. The lady here thinks SHE gave their kid autism and what ensues is frankly some terrible advice. Some really terrible advice.
This is not a case of “old wives tales” this is an attempt by an industry of quacks who do not have any scientific knowledge to deny women and yes a lot of quackery is aimed at women. From what I have seen, the majority of anti-medicine luddites are women who are mothers. Hence the “Speaking as a Mother” Trope. Where a parent says they understand a complex subject simply due to the fact that they gave birth to a child.
1) Ultrasounds – I had at least five while I was pregnant. I was assured that they were completely safe. Heck, you can get them in malls, so I assumed they were pretty benign. Wrong! While I didn’t get ultrasounds in malls, I didn’t research them either. Ultrasounds have, in fact, been implicated in autism among other neurological disorders. While there is no definitive “causal link,” enough has been found to warrant further research and precautionary measures. According to this article, “Research shows populations exposed to ultrasound have a quadrupled perinatal death rate, increased rates of brain damage, nerve cell demylienation, dyslexia, speech delays, epilepsy and learning difficulty.” Sound familiar?
Incorrect. Through and through. There is not one statement made here that is correct.
Ultrasound is a safe imaging technique. It’s basically the utilisation of sound to visualise internal structures. Now in a baby this means looking at a variety of things including health and internal development.
Ultrasounds are incredibly safe. There is no difference between kids receiving ultrasound and those who don’t. The ultrasonography though makes it easier on the mother and helps detect certain congenital disorders which can be corrected and/or foetal distress which can save babies.
- To check your baby’s size. And determine due date.
- To check whether you’re carrying more than one baby.
- To detect most abnormalities.
- To show the position of your baby and the placenta. For example, when the placenta is low down or if you indeed have placenta praevia
- To check that the baby is growing normally
There is absolutely no link between any developmental disorders and ultrasound.
And our perinatal death rate has plummeted and are still falling. Our rates are low and we are still punching them downwards and it’s no thanks to quacks. It’s not people having homebirths that’s driving it down but massive improvements in the way medicine works, skills and equipment.
Your child born at just 26 weeks in the USA, AKA a Premie Baby…. this child has as much a chance of survival as a ordinary, healthy Indian child. The level of technology is simply astonishing.
I am sure the anti-Ultrasound brigade will claim that the NHS and CDC are in cahoots under the lizard people of the planet Nibiru and using ultrasound to destroy us all while they save the much safer infrasound for themselves. The fiends.
2) High-fructose corn syrup – I drank Coca Cola every single day while I was pregnant. I was so incredibly nauseous and it made my stomach feel better. Fast forward a few years and Coca Cola Classic was found to have one of the highest levels of mercury due to HFCS of any product tested. I didn’t eat one bite of fish during my pregnancy for fear of mercury. While I didn’t know there was mercury in the Coke, I have to be honest and admit that OF COURSE I knew that eating and drinking junk wasn’t good for my baby.
Er… Livestrong is pushing Mercury bullshit? Rather tragic.
High Fructose Corn Syrup is bad for you for the same reason that chugging 10 gm of sugar is bad for you. It’s a massive influx of calories and glucose that causes the damage. In addition? Since it’s a quick liquid boost, it means you get hungry sooner and eat more and this plays a part in obesity, diabetes and all the other problems associated with it.
3) Lortab/Acetaminophen while pregnant – I have Fibromyalgia. It is painful normally, but it was practically unbearable while I was pregnant. My OB prescribed Lortab telling me that it didn’t cross the placenta and was perfectly safe. I was in so much pain that I wasn’t about to look into this further. I trusted my OB thoroughly and needed to feel better.
Again, did I honestly think that this was good for the baby? Of course not. Lortab is a Category C drug which basically means that not enough human testing has been done to qualify it as safe, but based on animal studies, there is reason to believe that it could be dangerous or problematic. I couldn’t find any specific links between Lortab and Autism, but common sense dictates that this was not good.
Yes it’s a Category C drug and it’s not recommended in the first trimester of pregnancy. Unless there are serious reasons to take it. And unbearable pain is one of them. Now here is the thing, you went in complaining of pain and they gave you a mild painkiller which didn’t work. So they had to give you something stronger.
If this was after the first 12 weeks the baby was perfectly safe. And the congenital disorders don’t involve autism.
4) Pitocin – Two of the ultrasounds I received at the end of my pregnancy revealed that my water was getting dangerously low, so my OB felt we should induce labor. After several hours of not making progress on the Pitocin drip at low levels, the hospital encouraged me to sign a waiver allowing them to increase the Pitocin to illegal levels. Now, I know this seems absurd, but at the time, I was in incredible pain and was told by hospital staff that it was perfectly safe and was used at these levels all over the country. According to them, Montana just has a very low cap on the highest level allowed. I had Pitocin for 36 hours. Here is an explanation from an excellent articleon that explains the potential risks associated with Pitocin:
“In either induced or enhanced use of Pitocin, the blood supply, and therefore the oxygen source to the uterus, is greatly reduced. With naturally-paced contractions, there is a time interval between contractions allowing for the baby to be fully oxygenated before the next contraction. In induced or enhanced labor, the contractions are closer together and last for a longer time, thus shortening the interval where the baby receives the oxygen supply. Reduced oxygen to the baby in labor has life-long consequences on the baby’s brain function.”
Her research comes from the International Chiropractic Paediatrics Association. A league of quacks. A league of quacks practicing a specific form of quackery that is at best a very expensive massage and at worst outright bad for you. Your bones and muscles of the cervix are fragile and chiropractic manipulation is not scientific, controlled or safe.
The chiropractic association are quacks. They really are. Paying a masseuse is probably cheaper and just as effective and at least the masseuse doesn’t pretend massage school is a medical science and doesn’t give you advice on drugs.
A pitocin induced labour is done in order to correct a non-progressive labour.
During pitocin usage the contractions are harder and more powerful and this MAY reduce blood flow. One of the major problems in medical school is all these pesky books filled with lots of words such as MAY. MAY meaning there is a chance of this occurring. However non-progress of labour is worse. We don’t give pitocin for the laughs. It’s not a fun drug. It’s painful for the woman and requires proper foetal heart monitoring. With various gels the induction of labour to delivery can last just a few hours and shorten the process of childbirth.
Bear in mind this is a mother who in this list has demonised not one but 3 major improvements to child birth and reduction of women’s mortality, morbidity and indeed infant mortality and morbidity. I assume this mother is a Home Birther. The damage caused by such demonisations of hospital and indeed skilled delivery is well known.
5) C-Section – George Malcolm Morley, OB/GYN has done extensive research regarding C-Sections and autism and has concluded that, “A baby born by C-section is 3-4 times more likely to have autism.” His theory is that it is probably due to ICC (immediate cord clamping) and there are really good reasons to think he may be right. There are so many different elements that play a part in C-sections, however, that it is really hard to determine exactly which specific aspect is problematic: anesthesia, maternal immobility, labor trauma, cord clamping, post-op drugs or lack of friendly bacteria due to bypassing the vaginal canal are all suspect individually. It is easy to see how a combination of all of the above could have a negative impact.
Because I had made the bad decisions about the ultrasounds that led to the bad decision about the Pitocin that led to labor trauma, I ultimately had to have an emergency C-section. I can’t believe that there are so many women who choose to deliver via C-section for cosmetic reasons – I won’t elaborate on this one. Ick. I’ll be honest; I am still a little bitter about this. I really wanted a natural childbirth. My husband and I took the classes; we practiced at home. Thirty-six hours of drug-induced hell, and I still ended up with a C-section. And not just a regular C-section: it was such an emergency that I had to be anesthetized via general anesthesia, even though I had an epidural in place.
His assumption. George’s theory is not medically sound. For starters it assumes the placenta is a muscular organ that pumps blood back to the baby and that the baby is inflatable.
His assumption is that increasing blood volume from placental circulation will enhance infant’s oxygenation and thus decrease oxygen needs. Oxygen toxicity would be reduced and oxygen dependence too.
There is a second problem too. Hypervolemia is also a problem. Having too much blood causes increased blood pressure leading to increased issues of Respiratory Distress Syndrome (the baby’s plasma leaks into it’s lungs).
No no no. When we discuss delayed cord clamping medically we mean 30 seconds or more after delivery. Less than a minute in fact.
What the lovely mummies here think it means is that means “lotus birth” which just places incredible stress on the child since it has to pump blood through an entirely redundant organ and the foetal anatomy changes at birth. The infant’s first cry actually closes a hole in the heart.
The joke of this story is this woman thinks Emergency C-Sections are done for funsies. Not you know… for emergencies.
Oh and CP and neurological defects are higher in home births because the child is under respiratory distress for longer. it’s basic common sense. You can even do an experiment. Take a basin of water. Immerse your face into it and time how long you can hold your breath. Non progress of labour in homebirthers often is poorly recognised by midwives who aren’t interested in engaging with obstetricians and quite honestly the time it takes to move a patient from home to hospital is minutes that the baby is struggling to breathe.
Is it longer than 10 minutes? The time needed for an ambulance to get to you at the very least? Is it longer than 20 minutes?
The fact her C-Section was an emergency and she probably thinks that there is a large conspiracy to get women to undergo c-sections. Funny thing is there isn’t. C-sections are done because Obstetricians cannot take the risks your quacks can. There is no professional body firing incompetent midwives. Quack chiropractors who nearly paralyse children are just given slaps on the wrist..
See? This woman thinks that if she hadn’t used an ultrasound she would not have had a C-section and everything would have been perfect. Just because you don’t know you have a problem doesn’t mean that there is no problem. I mean if you have a stomach ulcer, it doesn’t stop being a problem if you simply don’t look at the endoscopy result.
6) Antibiotics – Oh boy. Where to begin? I have so many mixed feelings about antibiotics. Here is what I know: My son was exposed to antibiotics while he was in distress during labor. He was then exposed for the first two weeks of his life via breast milk. He then received five courses of antibiotics before he was a year old for chronic ear infections. While this is bad cumulatively, the one event that stands out for me, and literally makes me feel sick, was a single dose of Augmentin when he was six months old. At his six-month “well” visit, he was diagnosed with his second ear infection. He received vaccinations for seven different diseases despite being ill, and we left with a prescription for Amoxicillin. Six days later, he had developed an upper respiratory infection and the ear infection was worse. Because the Amoxicillin hadn’t worked, the pediatrician prescribed a course of Augmentin. After one dose of this drug and within 24 hours, my six-month-old baby had 35 acidic, liquid bowel movements. The skin literally peeled off of his bottom in sheets. I had never seen anything like it at that time, and I haven’t since. The pain that he was in was beyond description. I called the doctor and she changed the antibiotic to yet a different kind. So he had three different types of antibiotics in his system within eight days. This episode was the biggie. His gut was never the same after that. Nothing was.
Here is what everyone should know about Augmentin: Augmentin has been implicated in autism. It is comprised of Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium. When it is manufactured, the clavulanic acid is fermented which involves large amounts of urea/ammonia. Even a small amount of ingested ammonia can potentially cause gut and brain inflammation. I strongly urge you to do your homework before using this drug.
If you will notice in this link, this study was released in January of 2005. My son was prescribed Augmentin in January of 2006. This was never mentioned when I was handed the prescription. However, if I had been a Thinker back then, I could have quickly Googled “Augmentin and autism,” and I would have made a very different decision.
The study is in “Medical Hypothesis” and was done by a single author Joan Fallon who is the CEO of Curemark.
So this lady would rather her kid suffer from Chronic Otitis Media which can lead to petrositis, loss of balance, facial nerve paralysis, cranial thrombophlebitis, meningitis and deafness.
No, we shouldn’t have treated that.
Augmentin’s side effect is diarrhoea. And it’s implication in autism was hypothetical and not any real research. CSOM is a problem in autistic children and quite honestly not treating it is just stupid really.
7) Vaccines – I really don’t even know what to say about vaccines other than to say that if I had it to do over again, my children wouldn’t have received a single one. Of everything I did wrong, if I could have my pick of one thing to take back, it would be the shots. No question. Shortly after my son turned three, we left the idiot pediatrician that led me down this trail of terror. The new MD looked at my son’s blood work and heavy metals testing and informed me unequivocally that my son was vaccine injured and that he had never been a candidate for immunization. She said that because of my fibromyalgia and the fact that autoimmune disease and digestive disorders are pervasive across both sides of our family, he never should have been vaccinated. Add in the birth history and the fact that he had severe jaundice and a cephalohematoma that took more than six months to resolve, plus rashes, severe reflux, chronic rhinitis and ear infections along with eczema, it should have been very apparent that his immune system was not functioning properly. Vaccination REQUIRES a properly functioning immune system to work, which may explain why he has ZERO titers to the diseases he was immunized against. According to the CDC and the vaccine inserts, children should not be vaccinated if they are sick or on antibiotics. My son was sick and/or on antibiotics for almost every single round of vaccinations. People, I know what happened to my kid. I KNOW. I watched it. Ginger Taylor has been compiling studies for years that link vaccines to autism. That list has now reached over 60 studies.
Another word – Don’t bother making comments arguing about vaccines. I won’t post them. I am fully aware that there are children with autism who weren’t vaccinated. I am not suggesting that vaccines are SOLELY responsible for EVERY child’s autism. I KNOW, however, that they caused irreparable damage to my son’s immune system which ultimately led to his autism. There. Done.
Your new MD is a goddamn quack. You cannot tell from a simple blood test that a person has “vaccine injuries”. Must be some new test they don’t use in real medicine.
Other things? Heavy metal poisoning? What from? You get more heavy metal from fish. Hell, you live in some parts of the world the water contains mercury. It’s in your food. Your potatoes are a bigger threat to you than vaccinations.
Honestly? No relationship between autism and vaccines has been found. In fact there is a vaccine that protects and reduces the incidence of autism and congenital disorders.
The Rubella Vaccine.
8) Acetaminophen/Paracetamol — My baby received an incredible amount of this red, liquid death. Acetaminophen shuts down the production of glutathione, the body’s #1 antioxidant. Glutathione is absolutely critical in the body’s ability to rid itself of toxins. So basically, one of the absolute worst things you can do is to give a baby acetaminophen when they get vaccinations or when their body is trying to fight an infection. The nurse at my son’s pediatrician’s office literally dosed him with acetaminophen at the exact moment she stuck in the needle. When the ear infections and stomach pain and fevers started as a result of the vaccine damage, I gave him acetaminophen to alleviate his pain. Are you starting to see how all of these horrors interlace? One problem requires a solution that creates another problem that requires a solution that creates another problem, etc. For more information regarding acetaminophen and its link to autism, click here.
A series of prospective articles in alt. med papers with no actual discussion of metabolism and function and neurology.
Glutathione is useful in lipophilic toxin clearance through Bile. however this assumes that simply taking paracetemol causes permanent damage. It’s not the body’s “number 1 anti-oxidant”. There are plenty of others.
This buys into the whole “Free Radicals Are Deadly” malarky without realising that our bodies have a compensatory mechanism.
9) Fluoride – Fluoride probably pisses me off more than anything else on this list, because I am convinced that the fluoride program is one of the biggest scams ever perpetrated on a population in the history of mankind. If you ever have some time and enjoy history, Google “the history of fluoride.” It reads like a Dan Brown novel and would be completely entertaining, if it weren’t for the fact that children are being brain-damaged by the very water they drink. I’ll let you do your own research for the nitty-gritty, but here are the basics: Fluoride contains fluorine. Fluorine is only slightly less toxic than arsenic and is more toxic than lead. It is also a carrier molecule. It loves to combine with other materials and create even more toxic situations. It also can cross the blood/brain barrier. So if there is circulating aluminum in the body from say, oh, I don’t know, vaccine adjuvants for instance, or if there is lead in the joints of water pipes, the fluoride can attach itself to these toxins and escort them right across the blood/brain barrier and into the brain. According to the National Research Council, 36 studies have linked fluoride with reduced IQ in children. Here are some great links to fluoride information:
To demonstrate how bad this line of thinking is your table salt is a chloride and that contains chlorine which is a deadly poison.
Still not scared? Your food contains proteins and integral to every protein is a Carbon Nitrogen bond. In it’s simplest form, this is Cyanide.
Many of the things inside us are poisonous. We make formaldehyde in order to make DNA and regularly produce enzymes that can destroy ourselves if it gets uncontrolled.
Fluoride reduces caries teeth. Massively. It is the most cost effective piece of medicine ever done. Literally a few thousand dollars saving millions. Now if you take too much fluoride then the problem is your teeth get ugly.
Here’s the kicker. This is the part where I bang my head on the table, pull my hair and yell, “Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!” like Chris Farley on SNL. We didn’t even HAVE fluoridated water. I actually purchased it and gave it to my son ON PURPOSE. My pediatrician told me that he needed it because our water wasn’t fluoridated. I bought “nursery water” that came in cute little plastic bottles with pictures of Bert and Ernie and Cookie Monster on them. I also gave him prescription vitamins – Poly Vi Flor – that contained fluoride. After all of this, we still ended up with over $4,000 worth of dental work by the time he was five. This dental work required general anesthesia that contained — yep, you guessed it — fluoride. Fluoride is also in many pharmaceuticals, including the antibiotic Cipro – drops used for ear infections — and Diflucan – the yeast killer we used off and on for years. How in the hell could I make sure that I didn’t give him toothpaste that had fluoride in it because it was poisonous, but give him fluoridated water? If you want a good scare, read the label on a tube of fluoridated toothpaste sometime. Ingestion of only half a tube of that candy-flavored fluoridated toothpaste could be fatal to a child, and yet we fluoridate our water supply. It is criminal in my opinion.
What was her child brushing his teeth with? I have never seen a single non-fluoridated toothpaste in my life.
Again these are ridiculous. Fluoride just stops caries teeth and are essential for our body’s calcium sequestration in dentine. The notion that fluoride is the same as fluorine is so silly that I expect this woman thinks that water is flammable.
I can think of many more things I did wrong that I am sure contributed to my son’s health crisis. I will mention diet, toxic cookware, benzocaine teething gel and toxic building materials but won’t elaborate because at this point, common sense should dictate. I am writing this to try to hit the biggies that people really need to research to make better decisions than I did.
I am already anticipating three different responses to this post:
None of these are linked to autism. In fact one of those things done reduces autism and some of the things reduce other diseases such as cerebral palsy.
Response 1) There will be people who read this and think, “Good grief, woman. How stupid can you be? What you did borders on child abuse. OF COURSE your child has Autism.” And to that, I have no argument. You are absolutely right. And good for you for knowing better than I did.
And these people are idiots. They are not trained professionals. They often have no idea about autism and it’s causes. They literally are quacks.
Response 2) Some of you will read this and know exactly how I feel because your story is very similar. To all of you, you have my deepest, heartfelt sympathy. While we will always have our mistakes to live with, the best thing we can do now is to share our truth and our story to help others.
Again, just because you think these things cause autism doesn’t mean that they do. Honestly? Your genetics are more likely to cause autism.
Response 3) There will be people who feel pity for me because I have not been able to make peace with myself for my role in my son’s health crisis. You will feel compelled to reach out to me with kind messages imploring me to forgive myself. Please . . . don’t. It won’t do any good. I am not fishing for forgiveness, and while I know you mean well, it won’t help me. If you really, REALLY want to help, take five minutes and send this blog to everyone you know – especially those who are pregnant or have babies. Implore them to read this blog. No child should have to endure what mine has endured. No mother should ever have to experience the kind of torturous guilt I live with every day.
If you really want to protect children? Then stop thinking the mere possession of a child means you understand how they innately function. I am shocked and appalled that within the USA and the UK there are genuine doctors who betray their standards and adopt quackery as a way to make a quick (or should that be quack) quid.
This is how the movement spreads. Women telling other women to fear medicine. To fear science and instead to listen to such pillars of the community as Mayer Eisenstein who blamed needless and preventable deaths at his “clinic” on murderous mothers. He was willing to accuse a mother who lost her child to his incompetence of murder. There are plenty of quacks who have tried to play doctor and fail spectacularly who still are followed. Because their failures are ignored and swept under rugs.
Ultimately? Pushing medical luddites to the fore is a good business strategy. Can’t beat medicine, may as well like through your teeth about it.
The mistakes I made were, by and large, recommended by healthcare professionals. That is no excuse. My son’s health was MY responsibility. I could choose to follow the recommendations or not. Even a small bit of research would have changed the outcome for my son. There are women, as we speak, who are on the way to the doctor for their second or third ultrasound. There are mothers dosing their babies with acetaminophen before their shots. There are expectant moms being hooked up to Pitocin drips. Some moms are administering unnecessary antibiotics for yet another ear infection and haven’t made the connection that their baby’s immune system is failing. There are also many, many mothers who are hearing the following words for the first time, “Your child has autism.” Help them.
I truly believe that my son’s autism was preventable. Think. Research. At this point, you can’t afford not to.
When these women say research they mean “Read Mike Adams”. And the fact is if you did the things this woman recommends and indeed she is recommending medical advice of a sort, then you inccrease the risk of neurological damage.
1. Increased birthing times = increased CP. You can see it clearly in India where there is no ambulance service so home birthers don’t get to change their minds. CP is rife. It’s simply down to birth asphyxia by increased times.
2. Unhealthy babies. You can terminate pregnancies of severe congenital disorders early. You can correct some and ensure the baby has a healthy life. No ultrasound means no detection of distress till it’s too late.
3. Fever control via paracetemol is one of the main reasons for our low mortality rate of babies.
4. Lack of vaccinations
5 No antibiotics which reduce many infections
The reason they get away with this? Women who’s babies learn the lesson the hard way are ostracised. When mothers who lost babies to vaccine preventable disease or in home births speak out they are silenced and ostracised.
And part of that is the guilt. It’s never because of “reasons” it’s just because they failed somehow.
See? There is a significant part of patient history that she wouldn’t take into account. Emergency C-Sections are done due to underlying pathology. What sort of pathology in a homebirth/natural birth went wrong enough to dictate a c-section? Anything that severe can also cause all the symtpoms associated with the disease.
And the interesting thing with CP is that unless the mother is looking for it, the child generally grows up wiithout the mother realising there is a problem until a milestone is missed. Then it’s obvious. But if the milestone that’s generally missed is around the 9th month then it’s the fault of the vaccinations and the fall of maternal antibodies resulting in “baby’s first illness” which means baby’s first MMR shot and antibiotics or analgesic or anti-pyretic.
So they blame it.
How can we beat this?
Pass it on. Spend time pointing out that the advice is incorrect. Why it’s incorrect. What harm it does. And just because you use science words doesn’t mean that what takes place is science.