As you may recall, I was “bloody pissed off” about the Steubenville Rape story but didn’t weigh in. I didn’t know enough about American Jock culture apart from cursory immersion within it due to contact with Americans and through the media. However the post by Judgy Bitch kind of forced me to speak due to the absolute horror of watching her denigrate the suffering of others by showing greater suffering.
I call it the Suffering Olympics. For instance? I am sorry, you not getting a proper balanced meal on food stamps is insufficient suffering as I am going to play the “Starving Children in Africa ™” card. You Lose. Good Day Sir.
Yes. Sometimes when people complain I am prone to groan and go “You know there are people who would kill to have your problems”, but then I remember the vast majority of people don’t know about the problems other people face.
And yet here someone had such a twisted view of reality that they were willing to shame a child who had gotten so drunk that they couldn’t remember anything and then subjected to sexual abuse by people who knew it was wrong. Judgy up there was willing to blame the young girl who was raped by specifically claiming it wasn’t rape.
These are the tweets from the night. You decide.
Instead of sympathy we were treated to a cornucopia of MRA lines from “Bitches want Alphas” to “She had no Friends” to “Fair Game” to “It’s not rape! Just Bitches Getting What For!”. But we aren’t hear to discuss that.
We know she is terrible. What we don’t realise is how terrible she was for what she did.
- We know that a young woman died at a Singapore hospital due to a savage rape including usage of a foreign object. She specifically used this to denigrate a 16 year old girl’s harrowing experience. But what she means to India is a martyr, she is the cause of change. Of anger against idiots who denigrate women. Including Judgy Bitch who completely stamped on everything and I mean EVERYTHING the women of India are fighting for by using her case to denigrate someone else who got raped.
- Indian Women Have It Bad. What they do not need is a bunch of MRAs taking their struggle and either denigrating it or actively using it to bludgeon other women
Let’s be clear on this. Indian women have it bad.
- Female Foetuses are aborted
- Female Infants are regularly killed.
- This is seen in the gender ratio where in some parts of India, 1 in 3 women have “vanished”.
- India is regarded as the worst G20 Country to be a woman.
- While there are a fair few politicians who are women, they often believe in incredibly anti-female ideas.
- Crimes against women are rising and report rates are the same. Rapes have gone up. Assault has gone up. Sexual abuse has gone up.
- Kidnapping of women has gone up by nearly 20% over 2011
- Dowry deaths have gone up as has torture of women over dowries.
- It is estimated that the total population of women being trafficked over a single year doubled.
- Amartya Sen estimates that globally there are 100 Million women missing and India contributes 50 Million to that burden. Had these women received similar healthcare, care and nutrition as men receive.
- Anderson and Ray estimate that 2 Million women go missing in India per year. 12% at birth, 25% at childhood, 18% at reproductible age and 45% at elderly age.
- More women die from “Accidents” than from birth. Roughly 100,000 women die from fire related accidents in a home environment. A large number of these are potential Dowry Deaths. While Indian MRAs think the Dowry Laws are draconian they conveniently whitewash over a sizeable amount of women who die in suspicious circumstances. It’s very hard to prove a death by fire as intentional.
- The life long neglect of women is a fact of life in India as is gender selective abortion. Women face threats at nearly every stage of life
An Indian woman’s lot outside the major cities is fraught with inadequate health, violence, education, gross inequality, neglect, starvation, poor hygiene and chronic illness.
This requires a deep change in social attitudes. My readers have read western MRAs takes on India. But they also have seen “Indian” MRA. They aren’t rarities. A lot of Indian men think like they do. The patriarchy is strong and obvious. The man is the head of the family and many women aren’t even allowed to talk to the patriarch.
And change is slow and uphill. How can political parties run with 27 candidates who were charged with rape? How can state legislators exist who are charged with rape?
And to take these women to denigrate the sufferings of others? The voice of these women wants to stop all rape and the abuse of women and to be treated as equals. Not to have MRAs take their voice to beat those who have suffered less into silence.