Is Skepticon in danger? Honestly, anything that depends on ongoing donations is always in some danger, but Skepticon really is coming up hard against their funding deadlines with a long way to go.
It’s October, which means we’re only about a month and half away from the universe’s largest (and totally FREE to attend) skeptic convention!
However, we need to ask for your help–we’re only about halfway to our fundraising goal.
Each year, our small team of volunteers work tirelessly to put together this event. Every dollar raised goes directly to making the convention happen–no one takes a salary or honorarium.
If you like Skepticon and want to help make it a reality, consider doing one of the following:
- Donate some dollars (we appreciate every cent!)
- Register for skepticon ($100 dollar donors get a special prize!)
- Give monthly and join the Dino Club (you get some sweet perks!)
- Pre-order a t-shirt (guarantee you get the size you need!)
- Become a sponsor (hello we are skepticon and we love our sponsors!)
- Take out an ad in our program (dino-themed advertisements preferred!)
- Host a workshop with us (let’s be awesome together!)
- Table at our event (friends that table together stay together)
- Talk about us on social media to help spread the word (Twitter or Facebook!)
We’re sure that with your help, we’ll be able to make this year a reality.
As always, Skepticon wants to thank you, our supporters, for your continued awesomeness. We couldn’t do it without you!
One of the best things about Skepticon is that every year, it’s gotten more diverse and showcased new atheist and skeptic voices, all while continuing to grow and succeed. It is now the largest atheist and skeptic conference in the U.S. That’s worth celebrating and supporting. Won’t you help if you can?