In case you haven’t already seen the news, July 22 is the deadline to submit your panel proposals for FtBConscience3.
Don’t want to run a panel but you still have ideas about what you want to see? That’s okay too. While proposals that come with a moderator and participants baked in save us time and energy and are viewed with gratitude, your con runners are happy to do some recruiting for topics you particularly want to see.
In particular, we know that FtBCon2 left people wanting to see follow-up on several of our panels and talks. Some sessions covered broad topics, and viewers wanted to see part of that topic covered in more depth. Some sessions had a more narrow focus, but viewers wanted information on a related topic. We certainly didn’t have time to answer every viewer question, particularly those that would make a good session of their own.
If you were one of these viewers who wanted more after watching an FtBCon2 session, now’s your chance. Comment or email us to tell us what you’re looking for.
- Were there support organizations not included in “When You Need a Hand, Not a Prayer: The State of the Secular Support Movement” that you feel should be highlighted?
- Was there a topic mentioned in passing during “Godless Parenting” that you feel deserves its own panel?
- Are there other topics related to sexual harassment that you want to hear discussed after “Sexual Harassment Law and You“?
- Are there particular schools of apologetics or particular arguments that could benefit from the “Counter-apologetics” treatment?
- Did we mention something during the “Curtain Call” that you’d really like to see?
Other sessions that may have inspired you to want more:
- Intersectionality and Allies: Exiting the Secular Bubble
- Evidence-Based Feminism
- Godless Fiends Fabric Arts Hour
- Artistic Secularism
- Skeptics Open Up: Polyamory in the Skeptical Community
- Growing Up Godless
- Between A Rock And…: Non-Binary Gender in Atheism
- Community Building
- Social Justice and Young Women of Color
- Atheism and Accessibility
- A Conversation About Science
- Religion and Homeschooling
- Racism and the Zombie Apocalypse
- Secular Woman: Trends in 2013
- Effective Use of Social Media with Conferences
- Women in STEM
- Jewish Atheism: the Hows and Whys
- Trans* Representation in Video Games
- Child’s Play: Camp Quest and the Future of Secularism
- Fighting for Freethought in the Philippines (Meet the Filipino Freethinkers)
- Godless Perverts Story Hour
- Atheism+ Then And Now
- Cthulhu’s Minions: Evil Gods for Atheists
- Spiritual Abuse
- Secular Asian Community Discussion
- Mental Illness and Society
- Philosophy for Everyone
- Clinic Escort Stories
- Trans Men and Trans Masculinity
- Bible Study (or Taking the Bible Seriously as Fiction: A Read-Along)
- Veganism and Humanism
- A Skeptical Look at Sex Ed
Comment or email us with the sessions you want to see for FtBCon3.