Via Feministing, just a little something ridiculous for your viewing pleasure:
Things you should know:
- The American Life League is a Catholic organization. They consider themselves anti-abortion, but by this, they also mean anti-hormonal contraception which can, like many naturally occurring circumstances, prevent the implantation of a fertilized egg. In order to combat this, they have a website dedicated to telling women the same thing their doctors, pharmacists, and the prescription inserts tell them.
- They are so “pro-life” that they only support “no exception” laws making abortion illegal. That means they don’t believe that abortion should be allowed to save the life of a pregnant woman.
- The “fisting kits” have been debunked for years. They were instructions on how to practice safer oral sex.
- Masturbation is not actually a “gateway drug.” History of masturbation is unrelated to a person’s experience of intercourse.
- That “encouragement” of oral sex includes the statement, “Just as with any kind of sex, everybody is different — with various likes and dislikes, so communication is the key. In order to make sex more satisfying, it’s important to be clear with yourself and your partner about what kinds of sex you want to do and don’t want to do.” The “encouragement” of anal sex? “Not all people enjoy anal intercourse. Those who don’t enjoy it should not be embarrassed into it and should not force themselves to accept it.”
- Hint to the clueless: Coming out is something one does to people close to them who are not their sexual partners. Their sexual partners already have a pretty good idea. Their family and friends may not.
- The S.T.A.R.S. program is a peer-education program. This is for kids who already feel comfortable enough talking about sex that they’re willing to be resources for other kids.
- The most widespread sexually transmitted disease is HPV. Far more than just girls get it. Get yourself or your kids/grandkids/young people over whose life you have a fair amount of influence vaccinated, despite groups like this trying to tell you you shouldn’t. That will have far more effect than avoiding gay pride parades.
- Vox is Voices for Planned Parenthood. It’s another peer counseling/awareness program. Someone needs to start a chapter at the U of M.
- A no-pants party means “Show up in a skirt, boxers, a lampshade…just no pants!” It does not mean naked. And no–your attire never means date rape.
- There’s a very good chance that Oh Megan has a more impressive CV than anyone at the ALL.
- The Penis Festival Party was put on by Matsuri, a Japanese restaurant. Planned Parenthood provided complimentary condoms.