How to Tell the Difference Between Science and Bunk
Atheists Talk #0059, Sunday, March 1, 2009
Prof. Massimo Pigliucci, of the Stonybrook Institute in New York, is a biologist and a philosopher who has published about a hundred technical papers and several books on evolutionary biology. He is a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, selected “for fundamental studies of genotype by environmental interactions and for public defense of evolutionary biology from pseudoscientific attack.” Massimo is also an atheist and has published articles in Skeptical Enquirer, Philosophy Now, The Philosopher’s Magazine and American Atheist Magazine.
Greg Laden, who has been a frequent and popular guest on “Atheists Talk,” is an evolutionary anthropologist and professor at the University of Minnesota. On Sunday, Greg turns the tables and does the interviewing, talking to Massimo about Ken Miller and the role of god in tweaking the genome at strategic moments, whether or not man is some sort of elevated creature according to biologists who should know better, and the role of pseudoscience in weakening the public’s understanding of evolution.
- Evolution Debate – Pigliucci v. Hovind, Infidel Guy
- Science and Fundamentalism; A Strategy on How to Deal With Anti-Science Fundamentalism
- Vows – Gillian Dunn, Massimo Pigliucci
- Why I Disagree with Ken Miller
- Ken Miller Responds to Massimo (and vice versa)
- Why Didn’t Darwin Discover Mendel’s Laws?
- Massimo Pigliucci Wikipedia
- Rationallyspeaking.org at Scientific Blogging